Mustahab or Desirable Acts in wudu
There are 16 famous Mustahab or Desirable Acts in wudu.
- To perform Wudu facing the Qiblah while sitting at an elevated place
- Water should fall on pure place during ablution
- To rub the hands on every part of the body while letting the water flow thereon
- Take water by yourself for wudu.
- Don’t ask someone else’ to help you if not necessary.
- To do Wudu before Adhan(if possible).
- Moving the ring, and if tight then it is necessary to move it.
- Do Wudu with quite peace ensuring that no spot remains dry.
- To use earthen pot for abolution.
- Wash the face with both hands.
- To keep reciting Tasmiyah, Kalimah, Durood & other supplications during the whole process of Wudu besides keeping “Niyat” (intention) of the Wudu in mind.
- To do “Masah” of nape of the neck(not the neck).
- To wash the face with both hand.
- To recite Kalimah-e-Shahaadat after completion of Wudu, pointing the forefinger towards the sky, and also recite Surah “Al-Qadr”
- To drink a little of Wudu water.
- Not to completely dry up the washed parts otherwise necessary.
Note: These are Mustahab or Desirable Acts in wudu, which means if one doesn’t perform any of these, the wudu will still be valid, (Doesn’t mean you never perform them, it is better to be careful about Mustahab or Desirable Acts in wudu It is stated in Bukhari: Narrated Nu`am Al-Mujmir:
Once I went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Huraira. He perform ablution and said, “I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, “On the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called “Al-Ghurr-ul- Muhajjalun” from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e. by performing ablution regularly).’ ”
for the reference visit (sunnah(dot)com/bukhari/4) )
There are also other Mustahab or Desirable Acts in wudu of ablution besides the afore-mentioned ones which may be referred to in voluminous books.